Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: ventilation 100% gone

That is not as bad of a hit as I had thought considering a final and permanent fix. Sure would be great to see some pics.

brought to top for the poster below
    Tightlines,
    Larry
    Sailfish 2360 twin F115\'s
    \"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm\" George Orwell

Jack-Plates did it!

I use my 2660 now for 8 years and have 1500 h on the clock.
    After reading multiple times about Jack-Plates being a solution to ventilation, I finally ordered some and installed them.
    I already tried 4-blade props and wedges.
    4-blade props brought a better bite, with wedges the planing speed dropped to 18Mph.
    The ventilation problem improved, but did not go away.

Now, with the Jack Plates, ventilation is completely gone at all speeds.

BTW, the motors can be tilted all the way up!

Conclusion: I should have added these jack plates long time ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vance Jack-Plate 6 inch 001.jpg   Vance Jack-Plate 6 inch 002.jpg   Vance Jack-Plate 6 inch 003.jpg  
    Last edited by hare2; 12-29-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    hare2
    SF 2660, F150\'s, Raymarine E120/DSM300,TR1

Great news. What size plates did you install ? What make are they and who did you get them from ? Were you able to install them yourself ? I never did them because of my concerns about lifting the motors completely out of the water.
    Glen
    2004,, 218 CC sold
    2360, CC, F150's

Jak-Plates did it!

finatic,

I ordered JPL 4500 6" Jackplates made by VANCE Manufacturing out of their website.
    These are rated up to 225HP. On their website you can find some rated for 150HP too, but the owner, Edward Vance, recommended the more sturdier verson.

My last photo shows the motor tilted up all the way.
    I did the installation myself, and was easily completed within one day. I used the spreader bar of my davits to lift the motors. If you have F150s, be sure to use the rear facing lifting rings! You are able to slip the motors on and off the mounts easily, by adjusting the mounting plate angle with trim/tilt.
    hare2
    SF 2660, F150\'s, Raymarine E120/DSM300,TR1

Thank you,,,, I'll look into them. Maybe sometime if you get a chance you could post a few pic's of the motors in the up position from the inside.
    Glen
    2004,, 218 CC sold
    2360, CC, F150's

hi hare2, i was just about to try the powertech prop when i found this post. my 2660cc with 150s has the same problem, i fish in rough seas alot so i had marine connection lower the motors 1 hole, i still have some ventilation issues when rough and running at 2500 to 3200 rpms but the boat seems wetter than before and has some handling issues. seems to plow especially when in a following sea, how long have you had the jack plates on and have you noticed any corrosion on the plates. i am ready to buy the plates and lift my motors back up and hopefully have a better and drier ride.

Those of you runnng jackplates, have you noticed any gel coat cracking on the transom? Just thinking they might add extra stress to the transom that it was not designed for. Considering adding them myself this year.

On those Vance jackplates, they ask if you want to add a performance plate. What is it, and did you get it?