Thread: New Saltwater Washdown Pump

New Saltwater Washdown Pump

Since I just had to replace my freshwater washdown pump, I am assuming my saltwater pump won't be too far behind, because it looks to be pretty rusty. So, I'm contemplating getting one so I have it ready. Rather than get a direct replacement, I considering an upgrade. Has any one had experience with Shurflo's Extreme Pro Blaster? It appears to be better marinized than the others in their series and it has a three-year warranty, which is much longer than the others as well. It also had higher output. Or is there another manufacturer I should consider? BTW ... not only do I spray the pumps down with CRC and Woody's, I normally put a hose to the intake and flush out both the baitwell and the saltwater washdown after the boat comes out of the water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extreme.jpg  
    Andy
    (Egads!) 2017 Everglades 255cc, F-200s
    2007, 2660 CC, F-150s Sold
    "Stuff happens. Sometimes for a reason. Sometimes not."

Did you ever upgrade your saltwater wash down pump? Was thinking of doing the same. Curious about your experience.

That was a long time ago and even though I don't have that boat anymore, I'm sure I replaced the saltwater washdown at least two times. Typically I end up buyting them at West Marine and pay the extra $15 or so for their warranty program. It's worth it, because saltwater washdown and baitwell pumps simply don't last very long.
    Andy
    (Egads!) 2017 Everglades 255cc, F-200s
    2007, 2660 CC, F-150s Sold
    "Stuff happens. Sometimes for a reason. Sometimes not."