Thread: 2006 218cc with 200HP Yamaha HPDI - gas gauge and 2 stroke oil gauge not working

2006 218cc with 200HP Yamaha HPDI - gas gauge and 2 stroke oil gauge not working

First the gas gauge issue which just happened. I added 60 gallons and my gauge was still locked on about 1/4 full. Turned off the key a few times to reset all gauges and no change. I then reset all the pop up fuses inside the center console with ignition off but battery power switch on and the gas gauge resets to what seems about right (nearly full). I do not know what circuit the gas gauge is on. A simple sight inspection of the sending unit on top of the tanks looks looks ok. Is the tank sending unit the common issue? Or my Yamaha gauge or ? Your ideas are welcome for common issues and diagnosis plus part sources.

The 2 stroke tank gauge has always shown full on my Yamaha gauge so I replaced the tank's sending unit with a new Yamaha part and it still shows full all the time. Your ideas are welcome for common issues and diagnosis plus part sources.

It must be the year of gauges for me...and I like to know the gas gauge really works.

These are both Yamaha OEM gauges and I assume they both have power since they are correctly displaying numerous other things: the left gauge shows fuel (in a vertical display) and the right gauge is 2 stroke oil level (uses a horizontal display near bottom of gauge). I looked up some testing processes for gauges and will give them a go this week as time allows. Any insight is welcome.

The 2 stroke oil tank sending unit is new and gauge still always shows full - nuts!!!. The gas gauge did not show full on the last fill up until I reset all the pop fuses inside the center console wall. I am suspicious of the in tank gas sending unit and will remove it, inspect and test it.

Try posting up at Sailfish Boat Owners Forum. Most active users have migrated from here to that one.
    2007 218CC/F150