Thread: Hail call to all 218/220 Owners in Jacksonville, FL- urgent!

Hail call to all 218/220 Owners in Jacksonville, FL- urgent!

I'd like to coordinate with you to copy some hull geometry for some fiberglass repairs to my 2007 218. In return, the shop is willing to do some gelcoat repairs or detailing or whatever you may need on your boat. My boat is in the shop now waiting for the build-up. The fiberglass shop had a model lined up but it fell through, so I'm reaching out to the Forum in case someone local might see this in a timely fashion.

If possible, please call me at 904-759-8035.

Thanks,
    Andy
    2007 218CC/F150

Andy what happened? Must be serious damage? I sure some one with a 218 will come through. Rag’s
    2004 Fighting Lady Yellow 236 w/ F225

Damnit, man! I'm a little too far from ya, but do need some dings patched up.

That's a nice gesture hope someone can help you out.
    Glen
    2004,, 218 CC sold
    2360, CC, F150's

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop409 View Post
    Andy what happened? Must be serious damage? I sure some one with a 218 will come through. Rag’s
    Ironically, a neighbor across the canal from me has the same model and color, but apparently aren't home. However, the shop called me today and said they think they have someone lined up to bring their boat over tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed! It is nerve-wracking to have someone work on the boat but they are recommended on the local forum and he builds a lot of racing boats.

My son had borrowed the boat to take a date down to St. Augustine (who had never been on a boat before!). They got caught late and had were coming back at night on the ICW and hit an unmarked piling. He cut his chin and had a concussion. She jsut had a scratch. However, the Sailfish was smashed dead-on in the bow. Luckily everything is above the waterline. It smashed the bowlight and there is a crack in the anchor locker. The nose is cut off at the shop and he was looking for another 218CC to make a reverse mold mock-up.

After I made the insurance claim, I noticed the steering wheel wouldn't unlock to tilt, so I'll have to figure that out when I get the boat back. Not sure if it was damaged from the impact of my son hitting the steering wheel in the crash.

One plug for Sailfish - the repair shop looked all over the front of the hull and couldn't find any stress cracks. "There's almost always stress cracks associated with this kind of damage - I can't believe there aren't any", he said!
    Last edited by Maysport; 03-14-2018 at 02:12 AM.
    2007 218CC/F150

Glad to hear they are okay, scary stuff.
    Chris

2010 2660CC

2008 218CC / F150 - SOLD

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...fish200021.jpg

Damn, man...glad all are OK, considering. I'm sure that was one of my dad's nightmares when I was younger and using his boats all the time...at night.

I remember you talking about your son having a mis hap but I had no idea it was so bad. Both him getting hurt and cutting the nose off the boat. I would be neat to see some build photos with the nose cut off. Rag’s
    2004 Fighting Lady Yellow 236 w/ F225

Glad everyone is okay.. For me I run very slow at night just because of what happened to your son.
    Glen
    2004,, 218 CC sold
    2360, CC, F150's