Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cracking gel coat

I bought my 2360 new,I didn't see the problem at the dealership. After a 3 hr ride home when the sun light hit the starboard side near the bow there was a huge buckle caused from an interior bulk head. I would not have the dealership do the repair. I found a highly qualified glass man who was local I went to his shop and was so impressed I gave him the boat. Sailfish sent him all of the material needed for an exact match. The repair was $600.00 plus material I paid for the work and Sailfish reimbursed me. All said and done a perfect match and the boat looks like it was never touched. I would suggest getting that boat the hell out of that dealership and find someone local who is reputable. All this wasted time is time you should be enjoying your boat.
    Last edited by finatic; 02-11-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    Glen
    2004,, 218 CC sold
    2360, CC, F150's

Quote Originally Posted by finatic View Post
    I bought my 2360 new,I didn't see the problem at the dealership. After a 3 hr ride home when the sun light hit the starboard side near the bow there was a huge buckle caused from an interior bulk head. I would not have the dealership do the repair. I found a highly qualified glass man who was local I went to his shop and was so impressed I gave him the boat. Sailfish sent him all of the material needed for an exact match. The repair was $600.00 plus material I paid for the work and Sailfish reimbursed me. All said and done a perfect match and the boat looks like it was never touched. I would suggest getting that boat the hell out of that dealership and find someone local who is reputable. All this wasted time is time you should be enjoying your boat.
    Wow. Thanks for the input. Was it located on the first 24 degree strake on the starboard bow?

This was above the water line. I was told when to many applications of cloth and resin are added to the bulkhead too fast the heat get so intense it causes a warping process.
    Glen
    2004,, 218 CC sold
    2360, CC, F150's

Quote Originally Posted by Fish'nFool View Post
    White is one of the most difficult colors to match. A really good glass though can make it invisible if the gelcoat is in great shape.

If they are incapable of color matching it, they should call minicraft and buy their color matched gelcoat.
    I just worked with Minicraft this week to order some touch up gel for some scratches. Terrific company, very easy to work with and prompt!