Thread: 275dc engine options

275dc engine options

I'm pulling the trigger on a 275dc, deciding between Yamaha 150 mechanicals vs 200xca's.
    Anyone have strong feelings? Does anyone have the 150's and wishes they had the 200's? The performance bulletins make a very weak case for the 200's.

Unless you want digital throttles personally I would go with the F150's. Faster cruise, comparable fuel economy and only a smidge slower at WOT. Hole shot is a second and half slower with the F150's, but not sure that would bother me or that I could tell the difference.

The other benefit, the F150's are lighter so the boat/stern will sit better in the water. I just think this hull is better balanced with the F150's.

If money is no object and/or you want the digital controls go with the 200's.

I have no regrets getting the F150's on my boat, very capable and super economical to run.

Best thing you can do is take a sea trial of both to make sure you are going to be happy with whatever you choose.

http://sailfishboats.com/wp-content/...-Bulletins.pdf
    Last edited by Fish'nFool; 08-15-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    Chris

2010 2660CC

2008 218CC / F150 - SOLD

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...fish200021.jpg

I actually was in a somewhat similar situation. The dealer I work with had two sister boats that were identical - the only difference was power. One was twin Merc 200's or the Yamaha 150's. Before I made a decision I looked into both options fairly extensively and could come up with no real major difference between the two. Performance seems to be about equal on many fronts. Yamaha offered a bit of a better extended warranty - which isn't really applicable to you. At the end of the day I went with the 150's and have no regrets in doing so - boat jumps up out of the water, runs fast, very responsive and surprisingly efficient. I would not say that any part of me thinks "what could have been" with the 200's.
    Last edited by JMezza275; 08-18-2017 at 02:01 PM.

I'm picking up the boat on Monday- pretty excited. Anyone know of any mythology about commissioning a boat during an eclipse?

Yea get it surveyed before you cut the check - no seriously. Make sure the dealer/Sailfish fixes everything before you cut the final check and it leaves the lot. It will be $500 well spent.

Then enjoy the shit out of it!

Congrats and post some pics.
    Chris

2010 2660CC

2008 218CC / F150 - SOLD

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...fish200021.jpg