Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 115 Yam issues

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    I have got a print out Brian from the dealer and I have also put the computer diagnostic machine on myself and it does not read any codes. If it were bad injectors, would it read on this machine as a code error? Will check with the local dealer regarding this. Why this puzzles me is because my other motor runs fine. If it were bad fuel that has crap in it wouldn't the other motor do the same thing? I have only cleaned the port motor injectors and the exact thing still happens. I have also spoken with dealers about this and they are questioning electrical. I am going to clean them again and switch injectors from motor to motor and see what happens. Thanks again guys.
    What do you mean by you 'got them cleaned by a machine?'

Did you send them out to have them cleaned by someone that is familiar with and knows how to how to properly clean these injectors?
    Chris

2010 2660CC

2008 218CC / F150 - SOLD

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...fish200021.jpg

Thanks Sofla3 for the reply. I don't think that there is a filter like the one on the left on my engine. The injectors were cleaned with a device a friend of mine uses to do injectors at his shop. Not really a machine I guess but more of a apparatus that uses a battery to power up each injector with carb cleaner as the cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Thanks Sofla3 for the reply. I don't think that there is a filter like the one on the left on my engine. The injectors were cleaned with a device a friend of mine uses to do injectors at his shop. Not really a machine I guess but more of a apparatus that uses a battery to power up each injector with carb cleaner as the cleaner.
    Okay gotcha. Just as long as they were activated by a battery.
    Chris

2010 2660CC

2008 218CC / F150 - SOLD

I have had several people say it is a power issue, lack of current to the motor. Trim, Injectors, Fuel pump all use current and a lack of it can cause this bucking and jumping of the motor after it runs for a while so I am told.

Without going back and re-reading the post, if you're thinking it is power related, have you checked the ground on the block e.g. unscrew it, clean it and reattach?

Also check with Andy at SIM over on Band of Boaters, he might have an idea or two.
    Chris

2010 2660CC

2008 218CC / F150 - SOLD

Thanks Fish'nFool, will do. I checked the ground and it is like brand new. Will keep plugging away.

Sorry for the very late reply but this may be very worthwhile for some to read. Please read the entire post to see if these are your issues. I did fix this problem a couple years ago but forgot to post it here. First of all, I would like to thank everyone who gave me suggestions and my apologies that I have not posted the final conclusion to my 115 Yam issues. I will will spare you a recap of all my issues as they are in this thread but I will tell you, it was the simplest fix of all. I finally took one's advice and put it on a day tank and by-passed the main tanks. The boat ran like a charm. The problem turned out to be the primer bulb. It sat for so long the parts inside detached and were floating around in the bulb. As I mentioned earlier in this post, sometimes I would get full speed and sometimes it would kick after a few minutes. I all depended on how those parts lined up against the exit hole of the primer bulb. Hope this has helped someone in the end. I now boat with confidence.
    Regards
    Nobby